CLICK HERE to listen in iTunes!
In this session of the podcast I discuss theology and the role of theology in youth ministry.
While your listening, read this post by Josh Robinson that sparked this discussion.
A Couple of Points:
- Theology divides
- Division without love is dangerous
- Theology in important
- Theology without action is harmful.
- We are called to worship God with our minds.
- Our theology should lead us to further love God and love others.
The Role of Theology in Youth Ministry:
Read this post on How I am training Small Group Leaders in theology and doctrine.
We must transform the way we are training our leaders and volunteers! Don’t just teach them how to “fit in.” Teach them how and what to teach. Here are some good resources to get the ball rolling…
1. Christian Belief: Twenty Basics Every Christian Should Know by Wayne Grudem – 9 bucks & streamlined
2. Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem – more robust but $32 bucks
3. Taking Theology to Youth Ministry by Andrew Root – youth centered & $11 bucks
(Complete Transparency – The above links are affiliate links, which means I get a few cents if you buy a book. This goes toward keeping The Youth Ministry Blog awesome, so thanks in advance if you chose to get one! I only offer resources I believe will be helpful for you.)
1. Give the podcast a Rating and Review on iTunes so that other Youth Pastors can find us!
2. Examine your recent preaching and curriculum. What theology or doctrine have you hit? What have you NEVER addressed? How can you become intentional in your theological approach to youth ministry?